The Suggestion Box is now closed.
The ONA Insights Suggestion Box is our community’s opportunity to help shape the conference, let us know the most important ideas they want to discuss, and pitch a session they are interested in presenting. The deadline for submissions was Aug. 5, 2021.
Each pitch is reviewed by the volunteer Program Team, a group of working professionals who recommend topics they deem essential to ONA staff for final decisions. Please note that these suggestions are a virtual brainstorming session; a starting point for discussions with ONA’s training staff.
For ONA Insights 2021, we solicited sessions to support best practices or innovative ideas for:
- Audience development and metrics
- Product strategy and development
- Reimagining newsroom culture
For this event, we are primarily hosting the following session formats. Generally speaking, the more interactive the session, the higher the likelihood of it being accepted for ONA Insights.
- Best practices – provide takeaways for tips and tricks for improving work; 3 presenters max
- Learn a skill – workshops that provide a hard skill to take back to newsrooms; 3 facilitators max
- Solutions gathering – get a group of people together in your network to dive into a current challenge; 2 facilitators max
- Template building – collaborate together on a template organizations may use to start a project or initiative, or improve workflows; 2 facilitators max