Health and Safety | Program | Registration
Health and Safety
As we plan our first in-person conference since 2019, we want to assure you that the safety and wellbeing of the ONA community is our top priority. We are developing a comprehensive safety protocol informed by COVID-19 guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local public health developments, association-specific resources and consultation with events and public health experts.
This section includes answers to common questions about health and safety protocols. If you have any questions, feedback or concerns, you are welcome to contact us anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will face masks be required at Insights?
Yes. In accordance with the City of Philadelphia’s mandatory mask requirements, we will require that all participants and staff at Insights wear a mask. To maximize protection, your mask must completely cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of your face without gaps. Bandanas, gaiters, and masks with exhalation valves are not permitted.
Do I need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
Yes. ONA is requiring all participants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means final dose plus two weeks’ time. Once you have registered as an in-person attendee, you will receive a link through your registration confirmation that will send you to VaxYes. There, you will download your government-issued ID and vaccine card for verification. You will be asked to show this verification before gaining access to the event space. If you have a religious or medical reason that prevents you from obtaining a vaccination, we invite you to consider the virtual-only experience or reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss arrangements.
How do I provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination?
ONA is partnering with VaxYes by GoGetDoc for required vaccine verification. Get your VaxYes digital vaccine card for free and put it in your digital wallet in a few minutes by going to:
Before clicking the ONA VaxYes link:
- Make sure to use your mobile device
- Have your CDC vaccine card and an ID ready
- Use the link above so ONA receives notice of your vaccine verification
If you already have a VaxYes card, please go through the ONA VaxYes link to connect it to the Insights event.
Visit https://help.gogetdoc.com/en/ for help.
If you have additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ONA Insights or email email@example.com to get in touch with ONA staff.
How do I get my VaxYes pass onto my mobile device?
Apple/iPhone users can add the pass to the Apple wallet on their mobile device by taping the button in their VaxYes account and opening the pass in their Apple wallet. (If you are having trouble getting this to work, try using private browser mode/Incognito mode.)
For details on VaxYes for Android, read these step-by-step instructions.
How are you handling physical distancing?
We plan to allow for spacing between attendees when seated during sessions so they can enjoy Insights safely. More details to come about navigating and accessing the physical space.
How will sanitization be handled in common areas?
The Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is committed to hosting you safely and responsibly. For more information about Stay Safe with Sonesta and the steps they are taking, click here.
The hotel’s safety protocol highlights can also be found here.
What if I’m feeling symptomatic?
If you experience symptoms of Covid-19 or test positive for the disease within 10 days after attending ONA Insights, please inform ONA Chief Knowledge Officer Trevor Knoblich, who has been trained as our Covid Compliance Officer, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any private health or personal data ONA may receive in connection with such measures and precautions will be treated as confidentially as possible.
Here is a resource from the City of Philadelphia listing different COVID-19 testing sites in the area.
How can I help?
You are our first line of defense! Please observe the following:
- Wear your mask at all times in event spaces, except for when you are consuming food or drinks.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water. Hand sanitizer is a great second option.
- Avoid crowding into elevators; there’s always the next one!
Will I need to sign a COVID-19 waiver?
During registration, participants will agree to the COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement and Liability Waiver:
By registering to attend and by attending ONA Insights as an in-person attendee, you are doing so voluntarily and agree to assume all risk associated with attending this event, including potential exposure to COVID-19, as permitted by applicable law. You also agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, orders and guidance, as well as ONA’s and the venue’s rules and regulations, pertaining to COVID-19 health and safety.
Who is ONA Insights for? What topics will the conference cover?
At the 2021 ONA Insights conference, participants will explore how journalism organizations are reimagining their approaches to audience development, product and work culture while planning for 2022. We’re excited to bring together specialists and strategy leaders for a collaborative learning experience and networking.
When will programming be announced?
Most programming is now available, although we may continue to add and confirm sessions and speakers as we get closer to the event.
What’s the difference between the in-person and virtual experience?
In-person attendees will have access to:
- Two days of networking with the ONA community
- Access to all 18 participatory sessions and workshops in Philadelphia
- Exclusive access to Table Talks, a perennial favorite session format at ONA which will give you an opportunity to collaborate with top minds in the field to explore new ideas and solutions to challenges you face in the newsroom
- Friday morning deep-dive workshops that will offer a hands-on approach to learning and problem solving
- Online access to digital featured and sponsored sessions, plus the opportunity to join watch parties for each with facilitated discussions
Virtual-Only Pass attendees will have access to:
- All featured sessions and sponsored sessions, which will be recorded and aired online
- Livestreams of six of the in-person breakout sessions from Philadelphia, one per breakout session block; all sessions available for remote viewing are marked with a screen icon on the schedule page and are subject to change
- Live chats during the broadcast of all sessions that are available virtually
How will the featured sessions work?
Featured sessions will be broader conversations tackling big issues in engagement, product development and newsroom culture that you’ll need to focus on as you plan for 2022. Workshops, discussions and breakouts throughout the rest of each day will build on the themes discussed.
Each featured session will be filmed and broadcasted online, and will be available to any registered attendee, regardless of which pass they hold. Those registered for an in-person pass can choose to watch the morning featured sessions from their hotel room or home, or to join us in-person for a watch party and facilitated discussion.
How will ONA choose which sessions will be livestreamed?
We will have one room set up to livestream sessions at our host venue in Philadelphia, and sessions that we program for that room will be livestreamed to our conference site and available live and on-demand to all registrants. We’ve worked with speakers to choose sessions for this room based on how well we expect them to translate to livestream, so that virtual attendees can follow along easily from home. All sessions available for remote viewing are marked with a screen icon on the schedule page.
What are the registration rates?
- All Access Pass – $400 – Two days of in-person programming and networking on Oct. 14-15 in Philadelphia, along with some sessions available in an online format for virtual access in real time or as recordings
- ONA Member Rate All Access Pass – $325
- All Access Student Pass – $100
- Virtual-Only Pass – $100 – Remote experience for attendees not able to join in-person, including access to featured and sponsored sessions, as well as livestreamed access to six of the in-person breakout sessions.
Will scholarships be available to assist with registration costs?
The application window is now closed. All scholarship recipients received complimentary registration to ONA Insights. Learn more about the scholarships we gave out here.
What if I have already made reservations at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown?
You can now cancel your reservation at the Marriott. Please book your new reservation at the Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square at this link. Act quickly though, the cutoff to book the rate of $179 per night is September 29!